How does Heavenly Head Massage differ from Indian Head Massage?
- Heavenly Head Massage is done while the client is lying on the back.
Indian Head Massage is done with the client sitting on a chair. It is much easier to totally relax while lying down.
In this way at the end of the massage the client can remain in a blissful or even trance-like state as long as it takes to come back to regular waking consciousness.
- Heavenly Head Massage includes a lot more neck work than Indian Head Massage. Our home study massage training course includes enough training on neck work so that you can do an entire hour of exclusive neck therapy.
- Heavenly Head Massage is more gentle than Indian Head Massage. It is a blend of massage therapy and energy work and uses a very meditative approach.
- Heavenly Head Massage sessions are generally longer than Indian Head Massage sessions since they include work on the upper chest, the shoulders, the neck, face and head. It is a more comprehensive upper body work system which also includes stretches and other manipulations.
- Heavenly Head Massage can be easily integrated into any kind of massage, since it is done in the supine position.
Indian Head Massage, however, is designed as a separate session in the sitting position.
Heavenly Head Massage goes beyond techniques
It uses elements from yoga and energy work. Examples are:
- Synchronizing your breath with your clients breath
- Consciously channeling your energy flow along with your breath
- Visualizing and directing energy flow
- Several gentle and meditative touch methods
Practical applications of a versatile system
Thai Healing Massage Academy’s Heavenly Head Massage video training course allows you to use this system in various ways. Here is how you can use it:
- You can do full one hour sessions with approximately 15 minutes spent on upper chest, neck, head and face each.
- You can use 10 or 15 minutes of Heavenly Head Massage at the end of all your massage sessions. It is the perfect way to end any session.
- You can use just the neck massage section to do neck therapy sessions.
Clients often mention that is is very difficult or often impossible to find anyone who does specialized and highly effective neck work.
Compared to the more meditative general Heavenly Head Massage sessions, the neck therapy work is more intense.
- Use the wide variety of face techniques for separate face massage therapy sessions. Many people hold a lot of stress in their face and jaws. Clients often state that they have never found anyone who can give a good therapeutic face massage.
In summary, Heavenly Head Massage is an upper body massage system that can be used in a variety of ways. It is a very specialized massage system already, and on top of that it fills the need for high quality neck and face therapy work which is generally not much addressed in many massage systems.
Heavenly Head Massage is unique, it really does feel heavenly, it works within any massage system or as a standalone therapy, it is very flexible, and it includes even more specialized therapeutic training for neck and face.
The author, Shama Kern, is the founder and director of Thai Healing Massage Academy. He has been practicing and teaching Thai Massage for 18 years, and he is the creator of 20 Thai Massage online training programs.